There is something comforting and reassuring when you are in an environment surrounded by like-minded individuals. There is a sense of joy, security, and connectedness when you realize that there are other people out there that share the same frustrations, questions, interests, and values that you do. This sense of connectedness is what makes Wanderlust Stratton so incredible.
The term wanderlust means a strong, innate desire to travel. Traveling and vacations have taken on new meanings as they are now often focused on health and wellness. Check out these top destinations that will improve your health, or find your bliss in Snowbird, Utah.
Wanderlust Festivals bring together individuals from all over the world to form a community around shared values. The founders of Wanderlust are Jeff Krasno with his wife Schuyler Grant and their beloved friend Sean Hoess. The Wanderlust community has grown based on the organization’s pillars of mindful living.
Never before in my lifetime have I felt such divisiveness, fear and complete disregard for the sanctity of what it means to be human or for our environment. It is more important than ever to maintain a positive attitude, inner peace, and to feel a part of something beautiful, inspiring and energizing.
Wanderlust Pillars of Mindful Living
Wanderlust Festivals highlight the components of mindful living including personal spirituality, yoga, the arts, organics, environmentalism, and conscious consumerism. Check out more information on Zero Waste Living and explore healthy recipes and ideas to create a more mindful relationship with food.
The festivals provide attendees with talented and diverse leaders, speakers, instructors, chefs, and musicians. For anyone that wants to connect with nature, explore new ideas, make new friends, dance like no one is watching, and discover hidden talents, the Wanderlust Festivals are waiting for your arrival.
Wanderlust Festivals Offer Something for Everyone
The Yoga and Meditation Classes accommodate all styles and levels and are taught by world-class instructors. Personally, I would like to try the stand-up paddle boarding as it looks challenging and invigorating all at the same time! The goal of the yoga and meditation classes is to keep the mind and body moving whether you choose a relaxing yin class or an exciting aerial yoga class.
At the Wanderlust Festivals, music is at the heart of the experience. Music can be heard throughout the festival during heart-pounding yoga classes or the soft acoustic sounds accompanying mountaintop meditations. Main stage performances will showcase both entertainers that you are familiar with and new artists that will inspire and entertain you.
If you are ready to unleash your inner explorer, then you may join one of the many activities offered at the Wanderlust festivals including trail runs, mountain meditations, peaceful sunset hikes or downhill mountain bike adventures. There is something to do for everyone, but remember, as they say at wanderlust, always allow yourself wander because life’s most beautiful moments come in the spaces.
The Speak Easy Talks will give you an opportunity to hear some of the most famous thought leaders of our time during intimate, informal lectures. These discussions will inspire you with ideas on various topics ranging from holistic health, progressive politics, personal empowerment, and community betterment. The lectures will challenge your current way of thinking and bring intuitive, innovative ideas to the discussion.
As the mind and body are busy absorbing the newfound friendships, inspiring conversations, and exploring activities that permeate throughout the festival, you are going to need some healthy sustenance to keep all this fun going.
The Wanderlust Festivals obtains their food from local food vendors that lovingly pick it by hand. The meals are served as a Farm-to-Table family style which gives each guest a chance to enjoy a delicious organic meal while enjoying the best part of dining: conversing and connecting with the person sitting next to or across from you.
Wanderlust,’s 2018 festival season will kick off June 21-24, 2018, at the exquisite Stratton Mountain Resort. The three-day festival will create the space for yoga enthusiasts, music lovers, foodies, outdoor adventurers and soul seekers to come together for a transformative weekend retreat.
What’s New and not to be missed at Wanderlust Stratton 2018?
- World Renowned Yoga Talent: Practice with the world’s most sought-after yoga teachers, including Seane Corn, Noah Mazé, Schuyler Grant, Chelsey Korus, Caley Alyssa, Joe Barnett, Daniel Scott, Kjord Davis, Derek Cook, Mary Beth LaRue, Sara Clark and more.
- HIIT Classes: High-Intensity Interval Training, better known as HIIT, is being offered at Wanderlust Stratton for the very first time. The class will offer functional movement and lots of “how-tos” to make sure the body is being efficient and safe during the workouts.
- Yoga Outside The Lines: Art and yoga meet using a paper canvas as your mat, and your body as the brush. Yoga postures will be done with charcoal in your hands, finessing a piece of individualized artwork. Using the motions of your body and your imagination you’ll create a 6’x7′ masterpiece to take home post-class.
- Wanderlust House Band: For the very first time, Wanderlust has assembled a supergroup of Grammy award winners, funkmasters, soul sisters and blues kings under the umbrella of Wanderlust House Band. Eric Krasno, Danny Mayer, Louis Cato, Mary Corso, Jesse, Murphy Marc Broussard, Jennifer Hartswick, James Casey, and Eric Finland will perform on both Friday and Saturday nights. Krasno will be dropping in on the Stratton Facebook event pageto engage personally with festival goers, and collect requests and suggestions for the setlists. The sets for each performance will be entirely unique.
- Musical Performances: In addition to the Wanderlust House Band, get down with live performances featuring Garth Stevenson, Kuinka, October’s Child, Roothub, Christopher Hawley, and of course, our signature Silent Disco, with live DJs spinning tunes, such as Jesse Blake , DJ Taz Rashid and more.
- Rock Your Bliss Goal Setting Workshop: Join Mary Beth LaRue, the co-founder of Rock Your Bliss, a yoga-inspired coaching company, in a conversation and inquiry into your values and to design your best life, on the mat and off.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today’s thought leaders:: Ken E. Nwadike, Jr., whose ‘Free Hugs’ videos have reached hundreds of millions of views on Facebook and YouTube, will speak about the ways you can support a cause, and the power of positive interaction; Lauren Ash, founder of the culture-shifting lifestyle brand, “Black Girl In Om will discuss ways to declutter your life, and how we can practically make wellness spaces safer and more inclusive for everyone; Sol Halpern, president of Highlander, a mindful finance company, will give you the tools to create a healthy relationship with money; Emily Morse Doctor of Human Sexuality, and founder and host of the iTunes Top-Rated podcast “Sex with Emily,” will explain how to have better sex, use “communication as lubrication,” and how to stay connected outside the bedroom and more.
- Food and Wine Experiences to Fight AIDS:The Farm to Table Dinner is a seated, festive, multi-course, family style dinner where guests will experience traditional and innovative dishes and live music in a beautiful mountainside evening setting. At The Cookout, enjoy a buffet of grilled meats and veggies, local and seasonal sides, music and delightful company. (Gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options available for both the Farm to Table Dinner and The Cookout.) Or, at The Happiest Hour, guests can socialize, snack, and enjoy libations and music while basking in a post yoga glow. Wanderlust is partnering with (RED) this June, as part of the EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES campaign, donating net proceeds from food experience ticket sales to the AIDS fight. Additionally, guests at The Happiest Hour can enjoy a special cocktail and appetizer recipe from (RED) ambassador Chloe Cosarelli’s new cookbook, Chloe Flavor. When you take a seat at our table, you are also helping save lives.
- Amplified Yoga Donovan McGrath, creator of Amplifed Yoga, uses the deep house beats of a live DJ, Kundalini technology, breath, meditation and free form movement to amplify the best parts of ourselves, through practice.
- FIXX Classes Only taught in Los Angeles, The FIXX is a Wanderlust Hollywood signature experience: breath-based asana class set to a carefully curated soundtrack, specifically made for Wanderlust’s 2018 festivals by DJ Taz Rashid. For the first time, it comes to Wanderlust Stratton.
- Meditation Experiences –Relax and get grounded with meditation sessions from renowned teachers such as Light Watkins, Megan Monahan and Andrea Rice.
- Sound Meditations and Soundbaths: Laura and Dan Martier will teach guests to find harmony with themselves and the world around them, using collective voices and various sound healing instruments, such as handpan, crystal and Tibetan bowls, chimes and gongs.
- Wander Without Waste: Wanderlust officially became a Certified B Corporation earlier this year, and in an effort to minimize our waste and build a positive relationship with our community and environment, all Wanderlust tour staff and talent will receive a reusable water bottle and tumbler, as well as a reusable utensil kit to use on site at all Wanderlust festivals instead of any disposable cups, straws or plasticware. Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase the Wander Without Waste items to create their own kits.
Attendees will enjoy unique experiences curated by a number of Wanderlust partners including:
- adidas will host onsite sports programming for event attendees enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Apparel from the adidas x Wanderlust co-branded collection will be sold at each event.
- Flow is pleased to bring their high quality, naturally alkaline spring water to Wanderlust festivals to hydrate attendees throughout the day. These events will also be a chance to taste Flow’s brand new flavored water: organic cucumber + mint and organic lemon + ginger in a refreshing environment.
- Ford Motor Company was built on the belief that freedom of movement drives human progress. Ford is proud to be the Official Vehicle of Wanderlust and to support healthy initiatives inside, and outside, the company. Event attendees can stop by the Ford Zen Den to learn more about the sustainable practices and wellness programs at Ford, and of course, take home some incredible giveaways.
- Spiritual Gangster, a yoga inspired clothing brand for high vibration living, whose purpose is to spread good vibes, gratitude and always give back.
If you think that maybe a three-day event may be more than what you are ready for, then you may consider participating in Wanderlust 108. These are one-day “mindful triathlons.” Mindful Triathlons combines three conscious activities including a 5K run (walk, jog, skip or stroll), 75 minutes of yoga, and 30 minutes of guided meditation.
The Wanderlust 108 is the only mindful triathlon in the world, and the celebration takes place in your favorite local park. For more information, check them out here.